Travel Insurance Options
I am an Allianz Global Assistance Specialist
Each of our vacation getaways can easily include the below options (depending on region and availability) !
For your protection, we strongly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation and travel accident insurance. However, no representation or description of the insurance made by our staff constitutes a binding assurance or promise about the insurance.
Book now, Cancel Anytime, Any Reason
(Included with Luxury option)
Catch a flu bug? No problem! You can cancel or change your reservation— no revision fees! Price gone down since you booked? No worries! Apple & Funjet can guarantee our lowest price on select vacations! Unexpected mishap while on vacation? We’ve got you covered!
Our All-In-One Travel Protection gives you peace of mind, before and during travel. Cancel or change your vacation at any time, get your money back, guarantee our lowest price on select vacations, receive during travel coverage and more. Best of all—you can get the peace of mind you’re looking for, “all-in-one” simple click at one affordable price!
10 reasons why smart travelers choose travel insurance for what’s ahead. source: Allianz Travel Insurance
1. Life is unpredictable. Some trips need to be cancelled – covered reasons = don’t have to pay for a trip they are unable to take.
2. Most lost luggage takes five days to return to its owner – get coverage to replace needed items right away. source: UnclaimedBaggage.com
3. Lost or forgotten medication? Travel insurance will assist you in locating a pharmacy to purchase a new prescription. source: InsuranceProviders.com
4. 30%-50% of travelers stateside and abroad will become ill or injured during their trip – That’s almost one out of every two travelers. source: DCMSOnline.org
5. Health insurance may not go the distance – The majority of health insurance (including Medicare), worker’s compensation insurance, third-party and personal liability policies don’t cover international travel. source: DCMSOnline.org
6. In the event of a natural disaster, airline strike or act of terrorism, airlines will not refund the cost of your ticket – some plans can cover the cost and help travelers get home quickly and safely. source: TravelLaw.com
7. Credit card coverage, homeowners and auto insurance ? none of these provide sufficient coverage for travel. source: SmartTravel.com
8. Excursion tour operators often require that you purchase travel insurance. source: Frommers.com
9. Even the most stable of travel suppliers can default quickly – Travel insurance saves travelers from paying for a trip they’ll really never get to take. source: Squaremouth Press Release
10. We all experience tough economic times – Travel insurance puts cash back into the hands of travelers when they need it most (varies by policy).
Apple Vacation Insurance Options
AV-OK Insurance Plan has two options: the Standard plan (certificates) or Cash Back added option – add $30
APPLE VACATIONS’ PRE-DEPARTURE CANCELLATION / ITINERARY CHANGE WAIVER
This non-refundable plan allows you to cancel or change your vacation up until the flight check-in is closed (approximately one hour prior to scheduled departure time), except for “no shows” and “no show” related cancels. For last minute cancels, call 1-866-860-AVOK
POST-DEPARTURE TRAVEL PROTECTION PLAN
- Coverage is limited to the value of your original vacation package price.
- Provides reimbursement up to $100 per day (maximum $500).
Baggage and personal effects
- Provides up to $1,000.
Medical expense/emergency assistance
- Provides reimbursement up to $25,000.
Access Your Medical Records Online
- With our exclusive Global Xpi Service, you can assure that your most important medical records are available to you or any Physician chosen by you, anytime, anywhere in the world.
APPLE VACATIONS’ BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
You can claim the savings prior to departure if Apple Vacations advertises a discount on the exact same vacation that you have booked and all components are still available-same dates, duration of stay, hotel, room category and flight (same scheduled airfare class, or any charter airfare class).
NOTICE: Benefits, terms, and conditions of the plan may change, please review full plan details online, go to www.tripmate.com/wpn430 prior to your purchase.
Funjet Vacation Insurance Options
You’ll receive travel insurance that covers lost luggage and reimburses you for losses due to bad weather, delays and medical expenses. Also included is a penalty waiver that allows you to cancel or reschedule for any reason without consequence, whether it’s a family emergency, delayed flight or an important work meeting you can’t miss.
What is Included in All-in-One Travel Protection?
Section I – Penalty Waiver Provided by Funjet Vacations
- -- Cancel for Any Reason: You may cancel for ANY reason prior to departure and receive a full refund less the cost of the All-In-One Travel Protection plan. This coverage even covers normally non-refundable airfares and the refund is always made in the original form of payment.
- -- Low Deposit: Enjoy a reduced deposit to secure your vacation package! Land only packages require no deposit! The deposit for air only and air-inclusive packages with charter or value flight air is $50 per person. The deposit for air-inclusive packages with scheduled air is $100 per person.
- -- Price Guarantee: Guarantees the lowest price on the vacation booking! If the price of the hotel on your Funjet Vacation drops after booking the reservation, just let us know and we’ll adjust the reservation to the lower price. Valid on Mexico, Caribbean, Hawaii and Central America vacations.
- -- No Revision Fees: Need to make a change? No problem! Any revision fees for the FIRST instance are covered including hotel, airline and any Funjet penalties, so you won’t be charged additional fees to make a change to your reservation.
- -- Hurricane Travel Credit: If a Category One or greater hurricane disrupts a vacation for 24 hours or more, travelers will receive a refund for unused or interrupted vacation nights plus a future vacation discount certificate. Valid for reservations departing June through November.
Section II – Post-Departure Travel Insurance Provided by Transamerica Casualty Insurance Company*
- -- Trip Interruption: Reimburses (up to the total trip cost) unused hotel arrangements plus additional costs to change or purchase a new airline ticket if you can’t travel due to circumstances such as illness or injury to you, a family member, or traveling companion, jury duty, subpoena, or a traffic accident on the way to the airport.
- -- Travel Delay: Reimburses additional transportation costs or unused hotel arrangements should your flight be delayed 12 or more hours due to adverse weather or unannounced strike. The plan reimburses you up to $500 ($200 per day) for the unused portion of your trip, additional accommodations, meals and “catch up” transportation expenses.
- -- Emergency Evacuation: Pre-pays the cost of emergency medical transportation if a serious illness or injury occurs during your vacation that requires medical evacuation.
- -- Medical Expense: Reimburses medical costs should you incur hospital charges or other medical bills as a result of an illness or injury during your vacation.
- -- Baggage/Personal Property: Reimburses you for baggage or items lost, stolen, or damaged during your vacation.
- -- Baggage Delay: Reimburses for the purchase of necessary personal items if your bags are delayed by the airline for 24 hours or longer. The plan covers you for the purchase of necessary items up to $300 in the event your luggage is delayed by an air common carrier for more than 24 hours en route to your vacation.
- -- Travel Accident: Accidental death and dismemberment coverage in the event of loss of life or limb while flying.
NOTICE: Benefits, terms, and conditions of the plan may change, please review full plan details online, go to https://www.archinsurancesolutions.com/coverage/FHF/WWB prior to your purchase.
We have the answers.
Independent trips are the custom quotes that we will create for your weekend getaway. We use the same vendors & hotels for the best luxury weekend getaways.
Guided trips are pre-planned and can not be customize very much, a complete list is at the top of the page. Click on the link ‘Guided Tours’ at the top of the page and a PDF brochure will open with complete details for each trip that we offer.
- (Average per person $1,810.57)
Yes of course, get in touch with us and we will arrange the details after booking an appointment.
We can provide travel insurance with:
Cancel for Any Reason
Cancel for Any Reason (CFAR) is an optional travel insurance benefit available on some of the plans available with Trip. Usually, this benefit is an additional charge on the plan, but it comes with extended coverage that you may find worthwhile.
Unlike basic trip cancellation coverage, the CFAR benefit has a few eligibility criteria:
Depending on the policy, only available within 10-21 days of initial trip payment.
You MUST insure 100% of your pre-paid, non-refundable trip cost
Cancellation with the travel supplier must occur 48 or 72 hours before departure date, depending on the plan.
Benefits may only cover between 50%-75% depending on the policy.
With CFAR, it doesn’t matter why you have to cancel your trip – you just can. Often times, travelers will purchase CFAR coverage when traveling to a part of the world with civil or political unrest.
This allows the traveler to cancel if uncomfortable with leaving for the trip – second thoughts, fear of safety or a bad omen appeared. Regardless the reason if you are outside 48 hours before your trip, you can cancel.
Without travel insurance and your plans change, your right to a refund is limited. You must call in and request a refund form to be completed on your behalf, or if you booked via a travel agent you must have your travel agent submit the electronic refund request no later than 60 days after the date of cancellation or any payments and deposits shall be forfeited. To avoid cancellation penalties, you should consider purchasing one of the optional travel protection plans.
Without travel protection, if you must cancel your reservation, make any changes to departure date, or reduce the number in the party, you will be assessed a $50 per person Funjet cancellation penalty plus any applicable airline, hotel or other supplier charges. Hotel cancellation polices are established by the hotel.
Please note for Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flight Packages there are no refunds for cancellations made 30 days or
less prior to departure. For all other Air-inclusive, activities only, or hotel only vacations there are no refunds for cancellations
made 24 hours or less prior to departure. Most air carriers consider a name change to be a cancellation; to avoid penalties for
name changes, full and complete names are required at time of booking. Separate cancellation penalties and non-refundable
deposits may apply to Ski, Asia, Europe, holiday, nonrefundable hotel rates or special event departures. There may be
nonrefundable optional features as part of your vacation such as special sporting event tickets/features, lift tickets, theater
shows or theme park admissions.
There are no Funjet cancel/revision penalty when making reservation changes to Walt Disney World® Resort bookings more than 45 days prior to departure (however supplier fees may apply). Nonrefundable travel agent fees may be included in your package price. Please consult your travel agent.
Airline Penalties: Airline penalties are in addition to the Funjet penalties detailed above and hotel penalties, and are subject
to change at any time. Penalties are applicable upon deposit, full payment or a payment guarantee being made. Published
Air Penalties: These fares have restrictions if revisions are needed and are nonrefundable if canceled unless All-In-One Travel
Protection is purchased. Please note that Basic Economy fares have distinct restrictions that differ from other fares so please
visit the airline’s website or contact your travel agent for the specific restrictions. Changes to, or cancellation of, a Basic Economy flight will result in forfeiture of tickets. Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights Air Penalties: The following may be considered
Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights Air: Allegiant Air (PC #18-231 or PC# 18-234), Frontier Airlines, Icelandair (PC# 19-077), Miami
Air (PC# 18-230or PC#19-085), Swift Air (PC# 18-229), Sun Country Airlines, Viva Aerobus (PC# 18-228, PC# 18-254 or PC#19-079)
or Volaris (PC# 18-233) in the designated classes of service of F, S, L, C, Z or Y. The per person penalty for Exclusive Nonstop
Vacation Flights cancellation made between 31 and 44 days prior to departure is $125 + Supplier penalties, cancellations made
within 30 days is non-refundable.
Bulk Air Penalties: Each scheduled airline has unique cancellation and revision penalties on bulk airfares ranging from
$50 per ticket to the ticket being nonrefundable unless All-In-One Travel Protection is purchased. Please note that Basic Economy
fares have distinct restrictions that differ from other fares so please visit the airline’s website or contact your travel agent for the specific restrictions. Changes to, or cancellation of, a Basic Economy flight will result in forfeiture of tickets.
ALL PUBLISHED AIR TICKETS ARE 100% NONREFUNDABLE. HOWEVER, EXCHANGEABLE TICKETS MAY BE APPLIED TOWARDS
THE AIR PORTION OF A FUTURE VACATION OR SCHEDULE AIR ONLY BOOKING WITH THE SAME AIRLINE, SUBJECT TO THE
APPLICABLE AIRLINE RETICKETING FEE, ANY INCREASE IN THE AIRFARE COST, AND APPLICABLE FUNJET FEES. TICKET
EXCHANGE IS ONLY AVAILABLE WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF TICKETING, OR SOONER BASED ON THE AIRLINE
IF THE AIR PORTION IS PAID IN FULL BY THE TIME OF CANCELLATION AND ALL-IN-ONE TRAVEL PROTECTION WAS NOT
PURCHASED. FOR VACATIONS THAT INCLUDE PUBLISHED AIR OR BULK AIR (NOT VALUE) TICKETS ON SOUTHWEST
AIRLINES, THE EXCHANGEABLE AIR TICKET VALUE NEEDS TO BE REDEEMED THROUGH SOUTHWEST AIRLINES DIRECTLY.
If you do not plan to travel on your flight, you must contact Funjet at least sixty (60) minutes prior to your scheduled departure
or you will be considered a “no-show” even if a travel protection option is purchased.
For Exclusive Nonstop Vacation Flights passengers who wish to cancel within the penalty periods and can provide another
paying passenger for the same vacation, you may be entitled to a full refund, less a reservation revision fee and any applicable
supplier and reticketing fees (such refund shall be made within 14 days of substitution). For bulk and published air passengers
who wish to cancel within 7 days or less to departure, substitutions are not allowed and are nonrefundable. Funjet and hotel suppliers must be informed of the names of replacement passengers prior to departure but reserves the right to deny any
revision or replacement. No refunds will be made for missed or unused flights or most features.
Refunds for unused Walt Disney World® Resort Magic Your Way Tickets, and/or, NASCAR race tickets and other similar tickets or passes will not be made. Your right to a refund of unused portions of your car rental is limited and based on individual car company policy.
For customer service issues, Please consult your travel agent.